Who doesn’t love artichokes? If you have someone in your family that might raise their hand to this question, then serve them this recipe, and don’t be surprised if they ending up having a change of heart. Melissa’s Baby Purple Artichokes can have this effect on people.
Purple artichokes are perfect when paired with a nice char from the grill. Dip these poppable bites into some parmesan chipotle aioli and you have a dish that is sure to capture guests attention. These artichokes might be making their way onto the table well after the season of Game of Thrones ends, they are just that good!
This side dish isn’t that hard to recreate and the presentation is beyond impressive. People will think you tried harder than you actually did. See below for the recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 15 Melissa’s baby purple artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobe sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Cut off the top of the artichokes and peel off a few leaves to get to the more tender ones. Trim off the stems and split in half lengthwise. Juice the lemon into a bowl of water and add the trimmed artichokes.
- In a bowl, toss together the artichokes, olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the artichokes on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes. Flip them and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- In another bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chipotle and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the artichokes with the mayo mixture.