Not only does a bit of char add to these grilled chili mangoes. It releases their juices and marries in the perfect chili flavor. Top with cilantro and you’ll have the perfect, sweet, summer treat!
Mangos are a treat in and of themselves. The ripe fruit is super sweet, so it’s the perfect addition to salsas, smoothies, and even blended into salad dressings – believe me, just try it!
- 4 ripe mangos
- 1 ½ tbsp neutral oil vegetable or safflower
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat grill on high.
- To prepare the mangoes, remove the mango peel using a vegetable peeler. Stand the peeled mango upright and slice off one side, keeping the knife close to the center pit. Repeat on the opposite side, creating two halves of fruit. Continue peeling and cutting mangoes until there are eight large pieces of fruit.
- Place two skewers into each fruit for stabilization and set on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and lime juice, turning and moving the fruit around to ensure they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Place the fruit over direct heat and grill until the mangoes are slightly charred, 8-12 minutes. Once the fruit has char marks, remove from the grill.
- To serve, sprinkle with lime zest and cilantro.
Recipe source: https://www.wyseguide.com/grilled-chili-mangoes/